Dear Community Partners & Advocates,
You are invited for a FREE event of essential program highlights that can improve our diverse communities quality of life! WE are all part of a fabric of our greater diverse communities, let us come together to help our mutual clients!
Energy, Utility, Community Affordability Resource Summit & Enrollment Event
Friday, October 30, 2015
8:30 am-12:00 pm (Open to Service Providers)
1:30 pm – 4:30 pm (Open to Public – Enrollment Event)
Rainier Community Center
4600 38th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118
- Do you feel you have customers/clients that can benefit from essential programs and emergent basic needs?
- Would you like to learn up to date program highlights and pertinent information that can provide financial assistance AND save money for other basic needs?
- Would you like to network with other community program providers?
Please join us at the morning Summit (8:30-Noon) and please share awareness for the enrollment event (1:30 pm – 4:30 pm). Please feel free to also share this with your community contacts, etc.
For more information or to RSVP by 10/23/15, please contact ASAP due to limited space available:
Brenda.Sevilla-Miranda@Seattle.gov (206) 733-9055
Cynthia.Ellison@Seattle.gov (206) 733-9035
Started as a result of interagency study (collaborative efforts from various City Depts.)
- Learn more about City, County, State & Community programs that will help our mutual customers who are in need of basic services
- Gain insight into what utility assistance programs the City offers and program qualification & guidelines
- Opportunity to network and collaborate more effectively
- Helps align with the city’s goal of building stronger families and connecting most vulnerable clients to much needed services
Supports Program Partners Goals:
Builds Strong Families & Healthy Communities–Builds awareness of the many social services programs and helps to alleviate some of their financial worries. In turn, this effort improves their quality of life as well as helps to improve their health and beyond. Studies show that there is a strong link to health and economic disparities. By helping and connecting people with the resources & tools, this will enable them to be more empowered and live a healthier lifestyle.
Socio-Economic Equity– This summit helps to fight poverty in the greater Seattle areas by connecting program managers & community organizations to vital resources that is important to their clients & customers. Programs such as: utility assistance; energy & water conservation; weatherization; food assistance; health insurance, etc. are all basic needs and helps to keep the customer’s roof over their head. This event strongly supports socio-economic justice efforts.
Effective Public Engagement- Engaging our diverse communities in a resourceful and respectful way are very important. Collaborative efforts with grassroots & community organization leaders & staff are critical to our success. Through this event, we hope to strengthen our networks with our community partners.
Protecting our Precious Resources- Conservation is our most important resource and a resource of choice. We promote collaboration among City departments, community groups, businesses and residents to be environmental stewards so many generations can enjoy our precious resources and strengthen sustainability. This summit will provide information on how to conserve energy, water and build conscious efforts about recycling, composting and waste management.